The ultimate ultralight, comfortable 3-person backpacking tent that does it all.
Our best-selling, freestanding 3-person backpacking tent reinvents lightweight livability. With a floorplan that offers each occupant easy access to doors and gear, the MSR Mutha Hubba NX tent is the ideal tent for a trio backpacking deep into the Sierras in the heat of summer, or tackling the Appalachian Trail for an extended trip in the spring. Upgraded with premium features, including virtually indestructible Easton® Syclone™ poles and MSR’s durable Xtreme Shield™ waterproof coating, this tent is built to last like never before. Easy-to-assemble and with plenty of interior volume for three, the Mutha Hubba NX offers the most livable accommodations for 3-season conditions.
- Ultralight: Minimum weight is 1.95 kg / 4 lb 5 oz.
- Maximum Space: Head and elbow room throughout tent; two large vestibules to store gear.
- Easton® Syclone™ Poles: Cutting-edge aerospace composite materials make poles virtually indestructible in challenging and windy conditions.
- Xtreme Shield™ Waterproof Coating: Ultra-durable coating is formulated to resist fabric stickiness (hydrolysis), lasting up to 3 times longer than standard waterproof coatings.
- Livable: Two large StayDry™ doors with built-in rain gutters; adaptable, cross-ventilating rainfly.
- Easy Setup & Packing: Unified hub-and-pole system; ultra-compact compression stuff sack.
- Includes: Tent body, rainfly, poles, stakes, guy lines, easy-load, wide-mouth stuff sack, setup instructions.
- Size: 3
- Color: Gray
- Capacity: 3
- Fast & Light® Weight w/ F&L Body (Standard): 3 lbs 10 oz
- Fast & Light® Weight w/ F&L Body (Metric): 1.64 kg
- Minimum Weight (Standard): 4 lbs 5 oz
- Minimum Weight (Metric): 1.95 kg
- Packaged Weight (Standard): 4 lbs 13 oz
- Packaged Weight (Metric): 2.18 kg
- Floor Dimensions (Standard) in: 84 x 68 in
- Floor Dimensions (Metric) cm: 213 x 172 cm
- Floor Area (Standard): 39 sq. ft
- Floor Area (Metric): 3.67 sq. m
- Vestibule Area (Standard): 14 sq. ft
- Vestibule Area (Metric): 1.30 sq. m
- Tent Volume (Standard): 81 cu. ft
- Number of Poles: 1 Easton® Syclone™
- Tent Volume (Metric): 2290 liters
- Interior Peak Height (Standard): 44 in
- Interior Peak Height (Metric): 112 cm
- Packed Size (Standard): 21 x 7 in
- Packed Size (Metric): 53 x 17 cm
- Number of Doors: 2
- Freestanding: Yes
- Rainfly Fabric: 20D ripstop nylon 1200mm Xtreme Shield™ polyurethane & silicone
- Canopy Fabric: 20D ripstop nylon & DWR
- Mesh Type: 15D nylon micromesh
- Floor Fabric: 30D ripstop nylon 3000mm Xtreme Shield™ polyurethane & DWR
- Country of Origin: Imported
- Vestibule Volume (Metric): 453 liters
- Vestibule Volume (Standard): 16 cu. ft
Easton® and Syclone™ trademarks are owned by Easton® Technical Products
- Optimized symmetrical geometry and non-tapered floor
- Large, easy-entry D-shaped StayDry™ door and vestibule
- Side entry zipper orientation
- Rainfly kickstand vent
- Adjustable rainfly (roll-up vestibule & stargazer view)
- Light gray rainfly color (neutral light)
- Adjustable integrated stake-out loops
- Lightweight reflective guy-outs
- Durable high-tenacity nylon fabrics
- Precision-stitched, factory-sealed seams
All the products we sell are carefully curated from years of testing in the field. If we haven't used it, and don't trust it, we won't sell it.
We beat the crap out of our gear and rely on it in the field. That's why we've developed the Trip Shed Pledge. Any problem, any time we're here.
1% of profits go to our Adventure For All Fund. To eliminate financial barriers to entry for individuals looking to join one of our life-changing backcountry adventures.