The Porter 30 offers the comfort of a backpack along with the functional simplicity and storage capacity of a duffel—and does it all in an attractive, durable package. Whether you’re tossing it in a car, shouldering it on a train or carrying it on a plane, padded sidewalls help to protect inner belongings and StraightJacket straps compress contents to a smaller size. Deploy backpack-style carry when you need it to climb the steps to your hillside bungalow and tuck it away when you don’t. Constructed with recycled fabrics, bluesign®-approved materials and PFC-free DWR.
STOWAWAY HARNESS AND HIPBELT
Harness and hipbelt deploy at a moment’s notice for backpack-style carry and quickly disappear into the backpanel for safekeeping when the bag is checked.
StraightJacket compression straps with padded sidewalls protect your contents and compress the bag to a smaller size when it isn’t fully stuffed.
Large U-zip main opening combined with easily accessible pockets provide on-the-go access to key items.
SUSTAINABLE & DURABLE BUILD
Constructed with recycled materials without compromising Osprey’s commitment to quality construction, design and durability.
- Zippered top pocket provides easy access to toiletries and liquids
- U-zip full panel zip access to main compartment
- Lockable zippers on main and laptop compartments
- Reinforced cord loops to attach an Osprey Daylite® daypack
- Front panel vertical zippered pocket for books, travel documents, etc.
- StraightJacket compression with padded sidewalls secures any size load effectively
- Padded sidewalls create a bucket-style opening and provide protection for valuables inside
- Front panel organization with zippered pocket and key clip
- Protected rear panel lockable zip laptop sleeve for quick access while traveling
- Padded luggage handle pass-through top and side grab handles
- Tuckaway web loops to attach a shoulder strap (sold separately)
- Dual internal zippered organization side pockets
HDPE FRAMESHEET SUSPENSION
- 1 mm HDPE framesheet
- Foam-covered fabric backpanel with tuckaway pockets for harness/hipbelt
STOWAWAY HARNESS | HIPBELT
- Soft breathable spacermesh contact surface for comfortable feel
- Adjustable sternum strap with whistle
- Stowaway 38 mm webbing hipbelt with padded wings
|O/S||1831 IN3 / 30 L||19.69H X 12.6W X 7.87D IN.||2.822 LBS.|
- bluesign®-approved Recycled 500D Nylon Packcloth PFC Free DWR
- bluesign®-approved Recycled 420D Robic Nylon Packcloth PFC Free DWR
- bluesign®-approved Recycled 500D Polyester Packcloth PFC Free DWR
All the products we sell are carefully curated from years of testing in the field. If we haven't used it, and don't trust it, we won't sell it.
Not only are all orders over $50 shipped for free across Canada, but we also offset the carbon emissions associated with every shipment.
We guarantee all the products we sell. Same goes for any advice we give you. Got an issue with your gear? Contact us and we'll get it sorted.
We beat the crap out of our gear and rely on it in the field. That's why we've developed the Trip Shed Pledge. Any problem, any time we're here.
1% of profits go to our Adventure For All Fund. To eliminate financial barriers to entry for individuals looking to join one of our life-changing backcountry adventures.