The ultimate mountain sleeping bag
Built to be the only bag you need from -20°F to 40°F, Nemo has updated their Backpacker Editors’ Choice award-winning big-mountain bag, Sonic, for even greater warmth, tuneability, and reduced environmental impact.
With this bag, we are launching our next-generation Thermo Gills™ with a new multistage zipper system that dramatically increases the usable temperature range of the bag and allows fine-tuning of comfort from within the bag. Sonic’s new chevron baffle construction better compartmentalizes down, eliminating migration and keeping the down evenly lofted. Not to mention, it looks awesome. In updating the bag's design, we put a high priority on taking a leap forward in sustainability.
The shell and liner fabrics are 100% recycled and bluesign® approved. The premium 800 FP hydrophobic down is 100% Responsible Down Standard (RDS) certified. We also took years of history in the field to make detailed upgrades, including massaging the profile of the bag, redesigning the draft collar, and bolstering the draft tubes. Our proven Toester™ footbox keeps feet warmer, provides a waterproof barrier against tent wall condensation, and protects down from moisture while drying damp clothes inside the footbox. Adaptable to whatever the mountain throws at it, Sonic continues to reverberate as the ultimate extreme weather companion.
- Award-winning design is updated for even greater warmth retention and adjustability across temperatures.
- Updated design incorporates 100% recycled, bluesign® approved shell and liner fabrics.
- Updated Thermo Gills™ extend the comfort range with a new multistage zipper system.
- Overstuffed with premium 800 FP hydrophobic down that is PFC-Free and 100% Responsible Down Standard (RDS) certified, ensuring humane treatment and traceability throughout the supply chain.
- New chevron baffle construction better compartmentalizes down for more uniform loft and down migration prevention.
- Stretch construction at the knees for comfortable side sleeping.
- Redesigned draft collar and draft tubes keep cold air out.
- Redesigned Toester™ waterproof/breathable footbox utilizes a layer of synthetic insulation to protect the down and deliver maximum toastiness for toes.
- Offset zipper creates a thermally efficient seal while an updated profile secures warmth closer to the body.
- Protected by the NEMO Lifetime Warranty.
- Compression stuff sack
- Winter Camping
Construction & Materials
|Shell Fabric||20D 100% Recycled Nylon, Bluesign Certified Ripstop w/ DWR|
|Footbox Fabric||40D 100% Recycled Nylon, Bluesign Certified Ripstop W/B w/ DWR|
|Lining Fabric||20D 100% Recycled Polyester, Bluesign Certified Taffeta w/ DWR|
|Color||Goodnight Gray / Torch|
|Stuff Sack||Compression stuff sack|
|Insulation||800 FP Down|
Specs & Sizing
|Minimum Weight||3 lb , 14 oz / 1.76 kg|
|Packed Size||14.5 x 10.5 in dia / 37 x 27 cm dia|
|Temp Rating||-20F / -29C|
|ISO Lower Limit||F / C|
|Fill Weight||2 lb , 5 oz / 1.06 kg|
|Fits Up To||6' / 183 cm|
|Shoulder Girth||63 in / 160 cm|
|Hip Girth||58 in / 147 cm|
|Knee Girth||53 in / 135 cm|
All the products we sell are carefully curated from years of testing in the field. If we haven't used it, and don't trust it, we won't sell it.
Not only are all orders over $50 shipped for free across Canada, but we also offset the carbon emissions associated with every shipment.
We guarantee all the products we sell. Same goes for any advice we give you. Got an issue with your gear? Contact us and we'll get it sorted.
We beat the crap out of our gear and rely on it in the field. That's why we've developed the Trip Shed Pledge. Any problem, any time we're here.
1% of profits go to our Adventure For All Fund. To eliminate financial barriers to entry for individuals looking to join one of our life-changing backcountry adventures.