Year-Round Outdoor Livability
The Kunai tent is the most versatile option on the market for backpacking year-round. It's truly in a category of its own, able to handle everything from hot and humid days in the trees to frigid temps and exposure high in the mountains. If you're outfitting for an adventure that will take you across many landscapes and through a wide range of conditions, there's no better choice.
The thoughtfully engineered frame design, made with top-shelf DAC poles and featuring an aggressively tapered tent profile, is built to shed wind, rain, and snow. Few tents are as adept in every season with a design this compact and lightweight. The current generation of our Kunai tent is updated with a reshaped entry area, higher volume vestibule, and larger convertible mesh panels on the sides of the inner tent.
- Both a backpacking and a mountaineering tent with a uniquely versatile 3-4 season design.
- Tapered profile, aggressive brow pole, and wind-blocking inner tent keep you protected in extreme weather.
- Dimension Polyant 375D X-Ply™ composite sailcloth reinforces protection against high winds and blowing snow.
- Tub floor construction guarantees a dry tent no matter how wet the ground is.
- Large door vent and zippered mesh windows allow for plenty of airflow.
- Strut vent located on zipper flap allows multidirectional air circulation.
- Divvy™ Sack dual-stage stuff sack allows you to split the load with a hiking partner.
- Overhead Light Pockets™ use special light-diffusing fabric to cast an even glow throughout the tent,
- Gear Pockets™ at each corner offer both partners ample storage for personal items.
- Protected by the NEMO Lifetime Warranty.
- Guy-out cord
- Repair Patches
- Divvy sack
Specs & Sizing
|Minimum Weight||3 lb , 14 oz / 1.76 kg|
|Packed Weight||4 lb , 5 oz / 1.96 kg|
|Packed Size||19.5 x 6.5 in dia / 50 x 16 cm dia|
|Peak Height||44 in / 111.76 cm|
|Floor Area||26.0 sq ft / 2.4 sq m|
|Floor Dimensions||82 x 50/41 in / 208.28 x 127.635/104.14 cm|
|Vestibule Area||8.0 sq ft / 0.7 sq m|
|Canopy Fabric||20D Nylon Ripstop/ No-See-Um Mesh|
|Floor Fabric||30D PeU Nylon Ripstop (3000 mm)|
|Stuff Sack||Divvy Sack|
|Rainfly Fabric||15D Sil/PeU Nylon Ripstop (1200 mm)|
All the products we sell are carefully curated from years of testing in the field. If we haven't used it, and don't trust it, we won't sell it.
Not only are all orders over $50 shipped for free across Canada, but we also offset the carbon emissions associated with every shipment.
We guarantee all the products we sell. Same goes for any advice we give you. Got an issue with your gear? Contact us and we'll get it sorted.
We beat the crap out of our gear and rely on it in the field. That's why we've developed the Trip Shed Pledge. Any problem, any time we're here.
1% of profits go to our Adventure For All Fund. To eliminate financial barriers to entry for individuals looking to join one of our life-changing backcountry adventures.