Incredible filter, delivering long-lasting, fully field-maintainable water filtration.
The MiniWorks EX microfilter is the worldwide best-selling microfilter, delivering long-lasting, field-maintainable water filtration in demanding environments. Engineered for frequent and heavy use, it utilizes our workhorse Marathon™ EX carbon/ceramic element to ensure clean, reliable and taste-free water. Thanks to its innovative AirSpring Accumulator™, it’s capable of pumping one liter per minute and the flow rate can be renewed easily and repeatedly in the field—no tools required. It’s lightweight and compact and, most importantly, been proven reliable by thousands of adventurers just like you.
- Testing: Meets NSF protocol P231 for removal of bacteria (99.9999%) and protozoa (99.9%) from beginning to end of filter life in “worst-case” water.
- Reliable: Durable carbon/ceramic element ensures safe, taste-free water—even with frequent, heavy use.
- Field-maintainable: Can be cleaned repeatedly for full filter recovery with no tools required.
- Fast Flow: AirSpring Accumulator™ increases filtration speed; up to 1-liter per minute.
- Better-tasting Water: Carbon core removes unpleasant tastes and odors caused by organic compounds, such as iodine, chlorine, and pesticides.
- Weight (Standard): 1 lb
- Weight (Metric): 0.46 kg
- Width (Standard): 2.75 in
- Width (Metric): 7 cm
- Length (Standard): 7.5 in
- Length (Metric): 19 cm
- Height (Standard): 5.5 in
- Effective against bacteria: Yes
- Effective against chemicals/toxins: Yes
- Effective against particulate: Yes
- Effective against protozoa: Yes
- Effective against viruses: No
- Filter media: Ceramic Plus Carbon
- Filter pore size (microns): 0.2
- Flow (L/min): 1 liters per min
- Flow (strokes per liter): 85
- Cartridge life: ~2000 liters
- Field cleanable: Yes
- Field maintainable: Yes
- Water Bottle Adapter: Yes
- Cartridge replacement indicator: Yes
- Material(s): Ceramic
- Country of Origin: Made in the U.S.A. of U.S. and Imported Materials
- Mechanical advantage: Yes
All the products we sell are carefully curated from years of testing in the field. If we haven't used it, and don't trust it, we won't sell it.
Not only are all orders over $50 shipped for free across Canada, but we also offset the carbon emissions associated with every shipment.
We guarantee all the products we sell. Same goes for any advice we give you. Got an issue with your gear? Contact us and we'll get it sorted.
We beat the crap out of our gear and rely on it in the field. That's why we've developed the Trip Shed Pledge. Any problem, any time we're here.
1% of profits go to our Adventure For All Fund. To eliminate financial barriers to entry for individuals looking to join one of our life-changing backcountry adventures.