Extra durability, privacy and comfort for camping and backpacking soloists.
Our most livable tent for solo backpackers and campers, the MSR Elixir 1 tent combines a fast and easy setup with generous accommodations. The versatile tent features a large vestibule for storing gear and one easy-entry door. The tent body balances breathable mesh with solid canopy fabric to deliver ventilation, warmth and privacy. Inside, a built-in gear loft keeps smaller items organized and within reach, while the glow-in-the-dark zipper pull is easy to find at night. Whether you’re frontcountry camping or trekking deeper into the wilderness, the Elixir 1 tent was built for livability at the highest level. Footprint included.
- Livable: Unique pole geometry optimizes headroom and fits one large mat; adaptable rainfly allows for excellent views; built-in gear lofts and glow-in-the-dark zipper pulls enhance livability. Polyurethane waterproof coating.
- Fast & Light Setup: Includes an MSR Elixir Footprint that allows for a lightweight Fast & Light setup with rainfly.
- Easy Setup:Freestanding system features color-coded poles, clips and webbing, plus red vestibules for fast and easy setup.
- Privacy: Mesh and solid fabric panels offer ventilation, warmth and privacy.
- Includes: Tent body, rainfly, poles, footprint, stakes, guy lines, stuff sack, setup instructions.
- Size: 1
- Color: Gray
- Capacity: 1
- Minimum Weight (Standard): 3 lbs 15 oz
- Minimum Weight (Metric): 1.78 kg
- Packaged Weight (Standard): 4 lbs 12 oz
- Packaged Weight (Metric): 2.16 kg
- Floor Dimensions (Standard) in: 86 x 30 in
- Floor Dimensions (Metric) cm: 218 x 76 cm
- Floor Area (Standard): 20 sq. ft
- Floor Area (Metric): 1.86 sq. m
- Vestibule Area (Standard): 12 sq. ft
- Vestibule Area (Metric): 1.11 sq. m
- Tent Volume (Standard): 28 cu. ft
- Number of Poles: 2 7000 series aluminum
- Tent Volume (Metric): 793 liters
- Interior Peak Height (Standard): 39 in
- Interior Peak Height (Metric): 100 cm
- Packed Size (Standard): 19 x 6 in
- Packed Size (Metric): 48 x 15 cm
- Number of Doors: 1
- Freestanding: Yes
- Rainfly Fabric: 68D ripstop polyester 1500mm Polyurethane & DWR
- Canopy Fabric: 40D ripstop nylon & DWR
- Mesh Type: 20D polyester micromesh
- Floor Fabric: 70D taffeta nylon 3000mm Polyurethane & DWR
- Country of Origin: Imported
- Vestibule Volume (Metric): 340 liters
- Vestibule Volume (Standard): 12 cu. ft
All the products we sell are carefully curated from years of testing in the field. If we haven't used it, and don't trust it, we won't sell it.
Not only are all orders over $50 shipped for free across Canada, but we also offset the carbon emissions associated with every shipment.
We guarantee all the products we sell. Same goes for any advice we give you. Got an issue with your gear? Contact us and we'll get it sorted.
We beat the crap out of our gear and rely on it in the field. That's why we've developed the Trip Shed Pledge. Any problem, any time we're here.
1% of profits go to our Adventure For All Fund. To eliminate financial barriers to entry for individuals looking to join one of our life-changing backcountry adventures.