A bestselling 2-person tent for comfort on ultralight backpacking trips.
Designed for backpackers who need a tent that can do it all while still being compact and lightweight, our bestselling MSR Hubba Hubba NX 2-person tent feels as light and efficient to use as it does to carry. From its spacious interior to its quick setup, this tent redefines lightweight livability. And now it boasts premier durability features, including virtually indestructible Easton® Syclone™ poles and MSR’s long-lasting Xtreme Shield™ waterproof coating. Whether you’re setting out to climb the Sawatch Range or circumnavigate Mount Rainier along the Wonderland Trail, the freestanding, 3-season Hubba Hubba NX tent lets you enjoy the full backcountry experience — including time spent in the tent.
- Ultralight: Minimum weight is 1.60 kg / 3 lb 8 oz.
- Maximum Space: Head and elbow room throughout tent; two large side-entry vestibules to store gear.
- Easton® Syclone™ Poles: Cutting-edge aerospace composite materials make poles virtually indestructible in challenging and windy conditions.
- Xtreme Shield™ Waterproof Coating: Ultra-durable coating is formulated to resist fabric stickiness (hydrolysis), lasting up to 3 times longer than standard waterproof coatings.
- Livable: Two large StayDry™ doors with built-in rain gutters; adaptable, cross-ventilating rainfly.
- Easy Setup & Packing: Unified hub-and-pole system; ultra-compact compression stuff sack.
- Includes: Tent body, rainfly, poles, stakes, guy lines, easy-load, wide-mouth stuff sack, setup instructions.
- Size: 2
- Color: Gray
- Capacity: 2
- Fast & Light® Weight w/ F&L Body (Standard): 3 lbs
- Fast & Light® Weight w/ F&L Body (Metric): 1.36 kg
- Minimum Weight (Standard): 3 lbs 8 oz
- Minimum Weight (Metric): 1.60 kg
- Packaged Weight (Standard): 3 lbs 14 oz
- Packaged Weight (Metric): 1.76 kg
- Floor Dimensions (Standard) in: 84 x 50 in
- Floor Dimensions (Metric) cm: 213 x 127 cm
- Floor Area (Standard): 29 sq. ft
- Floor Area (Metric): 2.69 sq. m
- Vestibule Area (Standard): 17.5 sq. ft
- Vestibule Area (Metric): 1.62 sq. m
- Tent Volume (Standard): 43 cu. ft
- Number of Poles: 1 Easton® Syclone™
- Tent Volume (Metric): 1217 liters
- Interior Peak Height (Standard): 39 in
- Interior Peak Height (Metric): 100 cm
- Packed Size (Standard): 18 x 6 in
- Packed Size (Metric): 46 x 15 cm
- Number of Doors: 2
- Freestanding: Yes
- Rainfly Fabric: 20D ripstop nylon 1200mm Xtreme Shield™ polyurethane & silicone
- Canopy Fabric: 20D ripstop nylon & DWR
- Mesh Type: 15D nylon micromesh
- Floor Fabric: 30D ripstop nylon 3000mm Xtreme Shield™ polyurethane & DWR
- Country of Origin: Imported
- Vestibule Volume (Metric): 481 liters
- Vestibule Volume (Standard): 17 cu. ft
Easton® and Syclone™ trademarks are owned by Easton® Technical Products
- Optimized symmetrical geometry and non-tapered floor
- Large, easy-entry D-shaped StayDry™ door and vestibule
- Side entry zipper orientation
- Rainfly kickstand vent
- Adjustable rainfly (roll-up vestibule & stargazer view)
- Light gray rainfly color (neutral light)
- Adjustable integrated stake-out loops
- Lightweight reflective guy-outs
- Durable high-tenacity nylon fabrics
- Precision-stitched, factory-sealed seams
All the products we sell are carefully curated from years of testing in the field. If we haven't used it, and don't trust it, we won't sell it.
Not only are all orders over $50 shipped for free across Canada, but we also offset the carbon emissions associated with every shipment.
We guarantee all the products we sell. Same goes for any advice we give you. Got an issue with your gear? Contact us and we'll get it sorted.
We beat the crap out of our gear and rely on it in the field. That's why we've developed the Trip Shed Pledge. Any problem, any time we're here.
1% of profits go to our Adventure For All Fund. To eliminate financial barriers to entry for individuals looking to join one of our life-changing backcountry adventures.