Extra durability, privacy and comfort for 3 campers, at a great value.
With all the features you expect from MSR, the freestanding Elixir 3 tent offers campers and backpackers an extremely livable backpacking tent at a great value. The tent design provides plenty of headroom and space for three full-size adults and their mats, two large doors for easy entry, and new larger vestibules with 35% more storage space. Balancing breathable mesh fabric with solid canopy fabric, the 3-season Elixir 3 tent provides ventilation, warmth and privacy, while the included footprint offers multiple setup options, including a freestanding Fast & Light pitch with rainfly.
- Livable: Unique pole geometry optimizes headroom and fits three mats; adaptable rainfly allows for excellent views; built-in gear lofts and glow-in-the-dark zipper pulls enhance livability. Polyurethane waterproof coating.
- Fast & Light Setup: Includes an MSR Elixir Footprint that allows for a lightweight Fast & Light setup with rainfly.
- Easy Setup: Freestanding system features color-coded poles, clips and webbing, plus red vestibules for fast and easy setup.
- Privacy: Mesh and solid fabric panels offer ventilation, warmth and privacy.
- Includes: Tent body, rainfly, poles, footprint, stakes, guy lines, stuff sack, setup instructions.
- Size: 3
- Color: Gray
- Capacity: 3
- Minimum Weight (Standard): 5 lbs 14 oz
- Minimum Weight (Metric): 2.66 kg
- Packaged Weight (Standard): 7 lbs
- Packaged Weight (Metric): 3.19 kg
- Floor Dimensions (Standard) in: 84 x 68 in
- Floor Dimensions (Metric) cm: 213 x 172 cm
- Floor Area (Standard): 39.5 sq. ft
- Floor Area (Metric): 3.67 sq. m
- Vestibule Area (Standard): 24 sq. ft
- Vestibule Area (Metric): 2.22 sq. m
- Tent Volume (Standard): 63 cu. ft
- Number of Poles: 2 Aluminum 7000 Series
- Tent Volume (Metric): 1784 liters
- Interior Peak Height (Standard): 41 in
- Interior Peak Height (Metric): 104 cm
- Packed Size (Standard): 20 x 8 in
- Packed Size (Metric): 51 x 20 cm
- Number of Doors: 2
- Freestanding: yes
- Rainfly Fabric: 68D ripstop polyester 1500mm Polyurethane & DWR
- Canopy Fabric: 40D ripstop nylon & DWR
- Mesh Type: 20D polyester micromesh
- Floor Fabric: 70D taffeta nylon 3000mm Polyurethane & DWR
- Country of Origin: Imported Vestibule
- Volume (Metric): 708 liters
- Vestibule Volume (Standard): 25 cu. ft
All the products we sell are carefully curated from years of testing in the field. If we haven't used it, and don't trust it, we won't sell it.
Not only are all orders over $50 shipped for free across Canada, but we also offset the carbon emissions associated with every shipment.
We guarantee all the products we sell. Same goes for any advice we give you. Got an issue with your gear? Contact us and we'll get it sorted.
We beat the crap out of our gear and rely on it in the field. That's why we've developed the Trip Shed Pledge. Any problem, any time we're here.
1% of profits go to our Adventure For All Fund. To eliminate financial barriers to entry for individuals looking to join one of our life-changing backcountry adventures.